Friday 19 October 2012

MobFox Rubbish

I feel I must blog my experience with MobFox after a disappointing experience.

I've got a few apps on the Android market, which is now called Google play, that are free to download and use. In order to receive some money for the time and effort I put in to creating them I have ads displayed within them.

Admob are the people I was using and up until a few days ago all was well. Then I noticed that the eCPM (effective cost per thousand impressions) had dropped significantly and thus I wasn't making much money (not that I was making a lot before).

So after searching google, perhaps I should say googling, I found MobFox. Apparently it has good eCPM! I thought great so I signed up. Opening up my development environment I changed the code for one of my apps to use MobFox. It seemed fine and was displaying a test banner. Excellent, so I submitted my site to MobFox to review so that I could get proper ads, not test ones.
24 hours go by and I receive an email to say my submission was rejected. That's odd, I thought, because it was fine on Admob and I filled in all the relevant fields as best I could.
They had a link to FAQ about reasons why my app may have been rejected. But looking through them I couldn't see why. I'd filled in the URL correctly, found the closest Main Channel and it didn't contain any adult material, etc. So I sent MobFox an email asking why it rejected my app, so that I could correct it and get it all up and running.
Another few days pass, no response from MobFox! Now this might not sound too bad but I'm loosing money because my app is displaying Test banners to people rather than live ones. Basically I'm loosing money.

Fantastic! All in all I wish I'd not bothered trying out MobFox. It turned out there was a problem with Admob that caused the low eCPM. So now I've updated the app and put it back to Admob.
The problem I now have is deleting/cancelling my account with MobFox! As you may suspect there is no obvious way of cancelling/deleting my account with them. Search their website with no answers, so I've sent another email... who knows if it will get a response?!

My summary is this. If you want to put ads in your Android apps I'd recomment AdMob.com. It's a google company and it takes no time at all to set up. There are no approval times to wait for you create your account, add the code to your app, add your app to their site and away you go! Simple.

Hope that helps someone out there...

Update 19/11/2012:
After an entire month without hearing anything from MobFox, this morning I got 3 emails. Two to say that my apps have been accepted and I should now receive live ads. The other to say sorry for the long silence and all my apps are activated! I cannot believe that they think leaving it 1 month for a reply is acceptable.
I urge you all out there to be very wary of this company!

No comments: