Thursday 27 September 2012

Cars Mechanics and Garages - Farncombe Service Station


I've been driving for 16 years now, yikes, and at least once a year I need to take my car to a garage for, at least, it's MOT.

Most garages I've visited have been mediocre and if they were memorable it was for the wrong reasons.
Like Kwik Fit, I remember taking my car there once to get a new rear tyre as it was pretty bald!  I went in and asked if they could change the rear tyre to which there response was I'll take a look.  So off he went pad in hand to look at all the tyres on the car.  After a few minutes he returns and says, "you need 3 new tyres".  I was a bit taken aback I had only gone in to get the rear one done as the others looked fine.  Apparently the front tyres also needed changing as they had worn on the inside.  Now, knowing these people I thought to myself, I don't believe you.  So with a bit of attitude I said I don't think so, I'll go somewhere else.
So off down the road I went to Merityre.  They took a look and said just the rear needed doing at the moment and that front tyres, although warn, still had a few thousand miles left in them.  So I got them to change the tyre for me.

When it comes to MOT's I've always had my cars fail on at least one thing, almost always a wiper blade or a bulb!
A couple of years ago my car was due it's MOT so rather than stick with the usual garage I thought I'd check out a one I found on http://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk.  The garage I found was Farncombe Service Station, which was pretty close to where I worked so I thought I'd give it a try.
I'm so glad I did.  My car passed first time without anything needing doing!  First time ever, I think!
Since then I've been back quite a few times.  Each time I go I come out smiling because their customer service is fantastic and they do only the work that is actually needed.
It's not like other places I've been where they don't care about you or their job and are just trying to get you off the phone or fleece you for lot's of money.  Nope they are welcoming, friendly and helpful.  They are old school customer service, polite and courteous.  That's all I want from a company!
All these big name chain shops could learn a thing or two from Farncombe Service Station!
I'm always disappointed and deflated when I go to shops like Halfords, Tesco, Sainsbury, PC World, WHSmith (especially when they ask if I want a bar of chocolate every time I pay at the counter!), Mothercare...

It's no wonder people are taking to online shopping!

No comments: